IBEX is seeking a Lab Technician to join their world-class technical team.
The Laboratory Technician is responsible for supporting the technological and scientific developments of the company by using Lab and IT equipment safely. This involves carrying out experiments using x-ray equipment to capture raw data, analysis of the data and testing of IBEX proprietary software applications.
About the company:
IBEX is a venture-capital backed technology business in the advanced stages of commercialisation of a patented X-ray detector technology for medical X-ray imaging markets. IBEX Trueview® improves diagnostic image quality and adds important new diagnostic outputs such as the measurement of bone density for early detection of osteoporosis. Having already successfully demonstrated its performance and clinical value, the company is expecting rapid adoption of Trueview® by major medical imaging OEMs in the coming year.
Based in modern offices on the NETpark Science Park in beautiful County Durham, IBEX currently employees 23 highly skilled employees, predominantly graduate scientists, mathematicians and software engineers.
NETpark, Sedgefield, County Durham, UK
Reporting to the Lab Manager, the Lab Technician will be part of a small team and will play an important role working with the wider team in ensuring Health & Safety and Quality processes are maintained in the Lab. The role requires a motivated and adaptable individual capable of working independently and “getting things done”.
The primary functions of the role will be to:
- Ensuring experiments are run accurately and results are delivered promptly
- First line data analysis using the Ibex software tools
- Testing of Ibex software applications and reporting results to the software team
- Maintaining x-ray equipment in good working order
- Regular safety checks on assigned x-ray equipment following strict procedures
- Supporting cadaver and clinical trial data capture through occasional attendance to offsite locations
- Keeping the Lab clean and organised, in a state of readiness to receive visitors and carry out experiments
- Housekeeping of data on the server
- Other reasonable tasks as deemed necessary and appropriate
Core competencies and qualities:
- Ability to follow and respect procedures to safely use x-ray equipment
- Excellent level of computer literacy
- Attention to detail and meticulous approach, ability to carry out repetitive tasks with a high level of accuracy
- Good communication and problem-solving skills
- Adaptability to new tasks and shifting responsibilities
- Willingness to learn and be trained
Minimum educational standard:
- GCSE grade C or above in English and Maths.
- Qualification in applicable technical subject in secondary or higher education or the ability to demonstrate related technical experience.
Desirable additional skills and qualities:
- Qualified PAT testing
- Mechanical skills and/or aptitude
- IT skills, knowledge of computer hardware, familiarity with computer networks and license management
- ISTQB certification
Human Interaction Skills:
- The Lab Technician is expected to take a collaborative and constructive approach to their interaction with other staff members, at all times to maintain high levels of professional integrity and to be a positive role model to other employees by conducting themselves in a manner consistent with the Company’s values.
Salary and benefits:
Salary: Commensurate with skills and experience
Benefits: IBEX operates a flexible benefits scheme, including pension, life insurance and the choice of a third flexible benefit.
Closing Date and How to Apply:
Closing date: This vacancy will close once we have received enough CV’s.
If you think you are the person we are looking for, then we would love to hear from you. Please send a CV and covering letter to our Office Manager, Lisa March at firstname.lastname@example.org