Are you an SME, based in Durham? With an interest in enhancing your business through the support of a student or graduate intern?
If you are looking to research or develop new products or services for your business, then you might be interested in the Durham SME internship programme, brought to you as part of the ERDF ‘Durham Internships and Collaborative Enterprise’ “DICE” project which aims to provide business growth in small or medium enterprises (SMEs) based in County Durham.
To be eligible:
- You must be an SME as defined by the EU (up to 250 employees and annual turnover does not exceed €50 million). This includes social enterprises engaged in economic activity.
- You must be based within County Durham
This is an ERDF funded project, please see below for key funding requirements
- You must retain and send to us the necessary financial paperwork e.g. bank statements and payslips so that we can provide the funders with evidence that the intern’s salary has been paid and defrayed from the company accounts – we can’t pay out the grant until we’ve received this information
- You will need to complete a project evaluation form at the end of the internship
- You will receive the grant after the internship has been completed – your business cash flow must allow for you to pay the intern for the 3 months prior to reimbursement.
- You must provide adequate evidence of third party liability insurance, employers insurance, Health and Safety policy and an Equal opportunities policy.
Download more information here. 1. DICE Employer information or contact Laura Dorian, DICE Internships Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org Tel. 0191 334 1428.