On behalf of the Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy (BEIS), Durham County Council is hosting a nationally significant event on Monday 15th October to kick start ‘Green GB Week’. The event will showcase the latest innovations in electric charge posts and ultra-low emission vehicles (ULEVs) and will include the chance to test drive a ULEV. The event will be of interest to businesses, fleet managers and local authority officers who can assist in tackling climate change by choosing ULEVs.
The business section of the EV Roadshow will take place in Durham Town Hall, Market Place, Durham DH1 3NJ and will run from 9.30am – 12 noon.
The event will be opened by a representative from Durham County Council and will include presentations from key note speakers. The schedule for the morning session is as follows:
- 09.30 am – Registration, breakfast options and networking;
- 10.00 am – Durham County Council ‘Opening the Event’
- 10.10 am – Governments Office for Low Emissions Vehicles (OLEV) ‘Road to Zero Strategy ‘
- 10.35am – FASTNED ‘International Innovation’
- 11.00am – North East Combined Authority (NECA) ‘Electrifying The North East Region’
- 11.25am – Elmtronics ‘Delivering Charge Points in the Right Places’
- 11.50am – ULEV Panel ‘Round up, discussion and final Q & A’s’
- 12.00 noon – close of discussion and time to test drive ULEV’s.
Following each presentation, there will be Q and A about the challenges and opportunities in the ULEV industry, and there will be an opportunity to see and then test drive ULEVs in Durham City.