November 09, 2017 at 8:30 AM
The last 12 months have been momentous across the world and particularly in UK politics – the key driver for UK employment law change historically. The only certainty is uncertainty and the coming years are likely to need UK employers to be able to adapt quickly to change.
There’s been a general slowdown in reported employment appeal tribunal and other appellate court decisions over recent years. We expect the government to have little appetite for change given the need to focus on Brexit and The Great Repeal Bill.
Our sessions this year will therefore focus on the key areas where employers across all sectors face challenges including:
1. Gender pay gap reporting and the increased focus on equal pay issues;
2. Dealing with competing protected characteristics under the Equality Act;
3. The ongoing pay, hours and holidays uncertainty;
4. Planning for the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR)
5. What Brexit might mean for employers; and
6. The need to know cases and legal developments.
Mi Shield and Mi Staff Clients
If you are an existing Mi Shield or Mi Staff client, you are guaranteed up to 2 places at these sessions.
Phone: 0191 211 7987
Emirates Durham International Riverside, Chester-le-Street, County Durham DH3 3QR